Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard Product Information
- Herbs of Gold™ Macu-Guard is a potent formulation, with Bilberry and key antioxidants specifically designed to protect the eye from free radical damage and maintain macula and eye health.
- Bilberry contains key antioxidant compounds known as anthocyanosides that specifically help support the regeneration of rhodopsin in the retina, assisting rod function and light adaptation.
- Interference with rod function inhibits our ability to see at night, making driving at night dangerous. Macu-Guard has a specific role in rod vision, may assist night vision and help eyes adapt to variations in light intensity.
- Visual fatigue and eye-strain usually occur when both sets of eye muscles are worked continuously ie: reading a book or working on a computer for long periods of time. Macu-Guard assists visual fatigue and eye-strain.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are carotenoids, found in high concentrations in the macula (retina) of the eye which help protect and maintain eye tissue by filtering and absorbing high energy blue light to protect the delicate photoreceptors from damage.
- Betacarotene, another carotenoid, acts as a precursor for vitamin A and is important for rhodopsin regeneration.
- Oxidative stress and free radical damage is thought to play an important role in the development of macula degeneration. Lutein and zeaxanthin are powerful antioxidants that help protect the eye from oxidative stress and free radical damage.
- Macu-Guard also contains other antioxidants including vitamins C and E, selenium and zinc to help protect and maintain the health of the macula.
- Bilberry may assist microcirculation to the eye increasing nutrients for eye health.
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard Directions:
Adults and children over 12 years – Take 1 capsule, once or twice daily, with food. Or take as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 micrograms for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Contains zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period.
Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard Ingredients
Each vegetable capsule contains:
|herbal extract equiv. to dry|
|Vaccinium myrtillus (Bilberry) fruit||10g|
|stand. to contain anthocyanosides 25mg|
|Lutein esters calc. as lutein||3mg|
|Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)||200mg|
|d-alpha-Tocopheryl acid succinate||129.3mg|
|equiv. natural vitamin E 150IU|
|Selenium (as Selenomethionine)||26mcg|
|Zinc (as oxide)||20mg|
|Copper (as gluconate)||1mg|
|Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.|