Herbs of Gold Folic Acid Complex provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid which, if taken daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid which, if taken daily for at least one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with spina bifida/neutral tube defects. Contains co-methylcobalamin, the metabolically active form of vitamin B12 in the body.
- Preconception care
- Iodine for brain development
- Activated vitamin B12
- Provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid, which if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with brain and spinal cord defects such as spina bifida/neural tube defects and anencephaly.
- Folic Acid Complex contains the active form of vitamin B12, co-methylcobalamin, which is more readily used by the body compared to other forms of vitamin B12, such as cyanocobalamin
- Vitamin B12 is an important cofactor for folic acid function
- Vitamin B12 is required for the synthesis of myelin, the protective sheath surrounding many nerves.
- Folic acid the vitamin B12 are important for healthy cell growth, replication and division.
- Vitamin B6 may help relieve morning sickness in pregnant women
- Vitamin B6 maintains healthy immune function and is necessary for red blood cell formation.
- Iodine requirements are increased during pregnancy and lactation. Adequate iodine is necessary for healthy brain, skeletal and central nervous system development in fetuses and infants.
- Folic Acid Complex helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by maintaining healthy homocysteine metabolism.
- Vitamins B12, B6 and folic acid can assist in maintaining normal blood in healthy individuals.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 are required for healthy nervous system function
- Vitamin B6 and B12 assist in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- The elderly, strict vegetarians and vegans are at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency.
Adults - Take 1 tablet daily, with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. State taking 3 months prior to planning a pregnancy.
Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice.
Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Folic acid 500mcg
Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin) (active vitamin B12) 500mcg
Pyridoxime hydrochloride 50mg
equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 41.1mg
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 275mcg
Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.