Herbal infused oils are traditionally made by macerating herbs in vegetable oil for a period of time. The vegetable oil serves as a weak solvent that removes some of the beneficial compounds from the herb that are soluble in the oil. All our Herbal Infused Oils are made with 100% pure & natural dried herbs of the correct species, locally sourced wherever possible.
- Carrot Infused Oil, with its high content of ‘free radical scavenging’ carotenes and lycopene is useful in a variety of cosmetic applications.
- Carrot Infused Oil can be used for dry, sensitive and inflamed skin; excellent for mature and devitalised skin types, including its use in tanning and ‘after sun’ preparations.
- Useful for hair care, either applied as the oil, or added to our Essential Conditioner Base. Suggested uses include: strengthening damaged, dry and permed hair, helping prevent hair breakage, split ends and dryness and imparting shine and elasticity to the hair.
Ingredients & Excipients
A 1:6 extraction ratio of dried Carrot root. The infused oil is rich in beta-carotene (provitamin A), plus gamma-, delta- and epsilon-carotene, lycopene, traces of essential oil, fatty oil and lipophilic flavones.
Base ingredients: Macadamia oil, Jojoba oil, Amiox antioxidant.
Direction for Use
Infused oils are traditionally used topically for a wide variety of common complaints. Each infused oil has its own specific benefits that are well known in both traditional and modern herbal medicine.
Infused Oils can be used:
- At full strength – with or without the addition of suitable essential oils
- Added to other vegetable oils or made into ointments
- Added to base creams, gels, shampoos, conditioners and so on.