Fusion Skin Tonic includes Japanese catnip, traditionally used in Chinese medicine to calm itchy skin and relieve symptoms of mild eczema, plus burdock, traditionally used to relieve mild psoriasis symptoms in Western herbal medicine.
Features and benefits
- Features Japanese catnip, traditionally used to relieve itchy skin and symptoms of mild eczema and hives in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Contains burdock, traditionally used to relieve mild psoriasis symptoms in Western herbal medicine including dry, scaly skin
- Burdock is also traditionally taken in Western herbal medicine to support natural detoxification processes via the skin
- Includes dong quai traditionally used in TCM to promote skin regeneration, and to improve skin health by relieving dry skin, based on its traditional use as a blood tonic
- Dong quai is also traditionally taken in TCM to relieve mild allergy symptoms affecting the skin including symptoms of skin hives
- Blend of traditional Chinese and Western herbs - nine botanicals in all, including tribulus, fang feng and rehmannia
How it works
In TCM, the skin is traditionally believed to be nourished by the blood. Herbs that are traditionally taken to enhance blood health have also been traditionally used to relieve skin dryness.
Adults - Take 2 capsules, twice daily
Children under 18 years - Only as professionally prescribed
Each capsule contains herbal extracts equivalent to:
Dong quai (Angelica polymorpha) root 75mg, dry equiv. 1.125g
Japanese catnip (Schizonepeta tenuifolia) leaf 150mg, dry equiv. 750mg
Burdock (Arctium lappa) root 50mg, dry equiv. 500mg
White peony (Paeonia lactiflora) root 68.57mg, dry equiv. 480mg
Rehmannia (Rehmannia glutinosa) root 80mg, dry equiv. 480mg
Tribulus (Tribulus terrestris) fruit 32mg, dry equiv. 480mg
Fang Feng (Saposhnikovia divaricata) root 100mg, dry equiv. 400mg
Astragralus (Astragalus membranaceus) root 32.5mg, dry equiv. 325mg
Chinese licorice (Glycyrrhiza uralensis) root 30mg, dry equiv. 150mg
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
No added artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts or animal products
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.