Grahams Natural Diabetic Foot Cream has been scientifically formulated with clinically proven ingredients, specifically to complement and nurture diabetic skin. This cream is formulated to be easily applied, non greasy and to provide penetrating moisture and a very soft, low friction powder-soft finish, that helps to prevent friction and physical stresses on the skin surface.
Grahams Natural Diabetic Foot cream is intended as a “daily use” cream so as to ensure care and maintenance of diabetic skin, but to also ensure daily checking by diabetics of potential diabetic skin issues.
Poorly controlled diabetes leads to changes in the blood vessels, circulation, nerves and structure of skin and connective tissue that can result in:
- Limited joint mobility and/or
- Changes in posture and co-ordination and/or
- Decreased or altered nerves sensitivity and/or
- Altered (reduced /impaired) blood flow
As a result, the surface parts of the body, most particularly the feet are substantially more susceptible to the set of symptoms called Diabetic Foot Syndrome, that includes:
- Physical deformation
- Greater susceptibility to friction and pressure
- Skin cracking
Consequentially, calluses and other injuries may go undetected because of reduced feeling in your feet; deep infections can result in part, due to decreased circulation. This happens more often when someone has been living with diabetes for some time.
We have excluded sugars and glycerol along with other ingredients typically found in normal moisturisers that are already in excess in those with Diabetic Foot Syndrome. We have also included natural ingredients like Nettle leaf, essential fatty acids and potent antioxidants such as Pomegranate seed extract that are missing in diabetic skin. Also included are ingredients that are antibacterial such as Nettle leaf, Chamomile and Red clover extracts.
Ingredients & Excipients
- Apply to clean, dry intact skin of feet and ankles, including nails and between toes checking for changes. Massage to stimulate circulation and address rough, dry spots before putting on proper socks and shoes.
- If you cannot reach your feet comfortably, use a long handled, clean applicator (such as a soft plastic spatula) to carefully apply.
- You can also use a strategically placed mirror to examine your skin, toes and nails on your feet everyday.
- Broken skin between toes
- Foot shape changes
- Cracked skin
- Nail colour changes
- Unusual swelling
- Ingrown nail
- Bruising or cuts
TAKE CARE - this cream can make hard or wet surfaces slippery.
Do not apply to broken skin or ulcerated areas.